The Veterans Foundation of North Carolina(VFNC) was established in 2004. The mission of the organization is to support and assist veterans and their families.
The Veterans Foundation is also established to
(1) Provide aid, assistance, relief and comfort to needy or disabled veterans or members of the Armed Forced and their dependents, and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans,
(2) Support the maintenance and expansion of the VFW National Home for Children and other facilities devoted exclusively to the benefit and welfare of the dependents, widows, and orphans of disabled, needy or deceased veterans or members of the Armed Forces,
(3) Cover necessary expenses in providing entertainment, care and assistance to hospitalized veterans or members of the Armed Forces,
(4) Support veterans rehabilitation,welfare, and service work, perpetuate the memory of deceased veterans and members of the Armed Forces and to comfort their survivors.
(5) Foster true patriotism through historical, patriotic and educational programs.
(6) Support the Veterans ServiceOrganizations and the Relief Fund Support through projects, programs and activities including but not limited to those linked here.